Botswana is the ultimate safari country and a destination that especially nature lovers will enjoy. As a tourist you have the chance to optimally experience the untouched pieces of nature and to spot many wild animals.
The following destinations in Botswana are absolute highlights. If you contact us, we can help you with your journey and advise you on the combination of different destinations.
- In the Central Kalahari game reserve you find yourself alone in the world at times and you can enjoy the peace and the beautiful plains where ostriches, badgers, antelopes and jackals roam.
- The Makgadikgadi Plains are large expanses of salt plains and huge age-old baobabs, including the famous Baines baobabs. Xhumaga is located on a river so that you see many different animals coming to drink, especially with sunrise and sunset.
- Chobe National Park is a top destination for the safari enthusiast, here you have the opportunity to spot various feline animals (leopards, lions, cheeta’s ..) and at one of the few waterholes, elephants, jackals and hyenas come together.
- The Okavango Delta is the main attraction of Botswana and this is definitely a very special place. The Delta is located in the Moremi National Park. Due to the amount of water, nature and wildlife this area is in great contrast with the rest of the country. It is a green area and you will encounter other animals such as hippos and crocodiles. A trip with a motorboat or even better a traditional mokoro (a kind of canoe in which you are pushed) is an absolute must do.
- From Botswana, a trip to the famous Victoria Falls on the border of Zimbabwe and Zambia is possible.
Interested in a trip to Botswana? See here how you can book.